Thursday 28 January 2016

The View from Behind

I seem to have a tendency
To look back at things too long
Meaning I can only see
The things that now are gone

In only looking back behind
To people that we’ve been
The only view we’ll ever find
Is that which we have seen

For the view is somewhat restricted
If our backs are at the front
We can only do the things we did
And win what we have won

If only I could turn
To face the future not the past
I’d realise the things for which I yearn
Were never meant to last

If only I could see the hope
Of the path I am to take
Then maybe I could learn to cope
And my heart would not so ache

For those times gone and people met
For all the broken ties
I’d find it easier to forget
In pursuit of brighter skies

But I’m moving backwards just because
I won’t have to let things go
I’ll never move past who I was
Its far too difficult to grow


By Cachella Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment